September 27, 2011

The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane (1966)

Formed in 1962 by childhood friends, and getting their name from a Muddy Waters song, this group is still together recording, performing, and remaining popular today. After reaching popularity in Europe, they came over in the first wave of the British Invasion hitting it big in the United States. They’re widely considered one of the greatest bands of all time.

I like this song for its classical/haunting sound. Whenever I hear this song, I picture it being sung in the great hall of an ancient castle, echoing off of the stone walls. The unique sound you can hear throughout the song is the dulcimer, being played by Brian Jones. This isn't the Stones you hear on the radio.

The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane

The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane (1966)

Loading the ABLYAM player...(Might not work on mobile devices)


Lyrics:

My sweet Lady Jane
When I see you again
Your servant, am I
And will humbly remain

Just heed this plea, my love
On bended knees, my love
I pledge myself to Lady Jane

My dear Lady Anne
I've done what I can
I must take my leave
For promised I am

This play is run, my love
Your time has come, my love
I've pledged my troth to Lady Jane

Oh, my sweet Marie
I wait at your ease
The sands have run out
For your lady and me

Wedlock is nigh, my love
Her station's right, my love
Life is secure with Lady Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment